With a larger bore size that allows the shocks to react faster, the Gabriel MaxControl shock provides a sports car like ride and handling on any SUV or light truck. Designed for light trucks, vans and SUVs, the monotube design provides quick, consistent control with no fade in performance. And like all Gabriel shocks and struts, MaxControl shocks feature a super-finished chromed piston rod for superior corrosion resistance and a leak-proof piston seal which extends product life.
MaxControl shocks from the Original Gabriel are the only choice for those who demand nothing but the best for their van, SUV or truck. Do you work hard and play hard in your vehicle? Do you have high expectations for your ride control? MaxControl monotube shocks from Gabriel provide the best ride, safety benefits and handling possible. They go above and beyond other shocks for response, performance, durability and reliability.
Super-finished chromed piston rod provides superior corrsion resistance
for longer life. View larger
MaxControls are designed with an advanced monotube technology, larger bore size and rod guide bearing system which allow the shock to react quickly to bumps and other road imperfections. Theyâre also designed to keep debris away from the rod with an exterior rubber boot on the outside. On the inside, an additional external rod seal keeps the chamber virtually debris free.
With a larger bore size that allows the shocks to react faster, the Gabriel MaxControl shock provides a sports car like ride and handling on any SUV or light truck. Designed for light trucks, vans and SUVs, the monotube design provides quick, consistent control with no fade in performance.
- Larger 46mm bore size allows the shock to react quicker to bumps and other road imperfections, creating the smoothest ride possible
- Single-tube design and multi-stage sealing minimize chamber temperature and debris entry for longer-lasting performance
- High-pressure nitrogen gas and floating piston technology allow the shock to immediately react to steering wheel movements, providing the ultimate in handling and performance
- Sensitivity and quick response time keep tires in contact with the road to maximize braking effectiveness, keeping you in control at all times
- A rod guide bearing allows for smooth and effortless rod movements for greater sensitivity and response
- An additional external rod seal keeps the chamber virtually debris-free for longer-lasting performance under any condition
And like all Gabriel shocks and struts, MaxControl shocks feature:
- A super-finished chromed piston rod to inhibit corrosion, ensure proper seal lubrication, provide a more consistent wear surface
- A leak-proof piston seal which extends product life
- D.O.M. (Drawn-Over-Mandrel) Tubing that reduces internal wear for longer product life
Starting in 1907, Gabriel invented the original shock absorber, followed by the first hydraulic shock absorber, the first adjustable shock absorber and the first air adjustable shock absorber. And today, it's still that same innovative, independent American company--building high-performance shocks and struts that cover over 96% of North American vehicles. Gabriel continues adding new product coverage, including expanding their line of ReadyMount strut assemblies, which make installation faster, safer and easier. And Gabriel continues that independent spirit, working hard to deliver innovative new products and services, every day.