Hello, and welcome to Undiscovered Scotland, the ultimate online guide to Scotland. The site is a combination of visitor guide, accommodation listing and business directory, and aims to show you what the country is really like. We also offer website design, maintenance and hosting services.
You can navigate the site using clickable maps like the one on this page or the drop down menus. There are other resources to help you, including the Alphabetical Index, the Site Index, the Accommodation Index, the Late Availability listings page, the Search boxes on most pages (usually below a clickable map), the Site Information section, the What's On? and What's New? pages and Scotfax. In addition we have collections of links to resources such as Tour Operators and Walking and Climbing. Or simply visit a random feature page.
Accommodation can be accessed via the "Accommodation" menu at the top of many pages, including this one, or using the "See and Stay" menus at the top of many other pages.
Today's header slides are of Inveraray Castle, a magnificent chateau that would look as much at home in the Loire Valley as it does in Argyll; and the replica Spitfire in the Memorial Garden on the site of Oiumov Summer Dresses for Women Sleeveless Tie Dye Gradient Long
Clickable Map of Scotland
There was a time when Scapa Distillery was just a collection of buildings you glimpsed over Scapa Bay, a northern arm of Scapa Flow. Its most distinctive feature was (and from a distance, remains) the way the distillery's name was painted in black on white on the sea-facing wall of a warehouse in a distinctly Islay-esque fashion. That all changed in 2015, when Scapa Distillery opened its doors to visitors, and to tours of the distillery, for the first time in its history. ( More ...)
On This Day
27 September 1831: The first passenger railway in Scotland, between Ertl John Deere 8320R Tractor and Model 637 Disk Set, 1:64 Scale and Garnkirk in Lanarkshire, begins operations.
27 September 1893: The death William Walls, an Orcadian who was active in the local politics of BLACKHAWK Men's Pursuit Short Sleeve Tactical Shirt in the second half of the 1800s.
27 September 1938: The liner "Queen Elizabeth", the largest passenger ship so far built, is launched at John Brown's on the Clyde.
28 September 1396: The Battle of the Inch, or the Battle of the Clans, is organised on Perth's North Inch by EASTERUP Leg Stretcher-Improve Leg Stretching Door Flexibility S in an effort to end a long standing feud between the Kay and Chattan Clans.
The House With 46 Chimneys by Ken Lussey (10 November 2020).
Life changes dramatically for Kaleb, Jude and Sequoia when they move to live with their aunt in a rural corner
of central Scotland. It’s the beginning of April 2020, the early days of the coronavirus lockdown.
Three local children they meet – in a socially distanced way – draw them into a two-century old family
mystery involving the haunting of the nearby ruins of Dunmore Park. Do they try to right a wrong that was
done in 1828, a wrong that has had consequences ever since? Or is doing so simply too dangerous?
Read our full review.
- Cottages & Castles A fabulous selection of self-catering properties for your perfect Scottish escape.
- Wedding, family and other photography in central Scotland and beyond by 12v Inline Automotive Fuse Holders 14AWG - Plus 120 Assorted ATC
- Large holiday homes in Scotland for big groups and families from Big Cottages.
- Enjoy a luxury Scottish country house experience at pet-friendly Trigony House Hotel & Garden Spa.
- Apartments at Turnberry Luxury self-catering accommodation overlooking Ayrshire's beautiful coastline.
- For over 1,800 personally inspected self catering cottages across the UK visit holidaycottages.co.uk
- Arachnid Press Independent Scottish Publisher. Our latest release is the WW2 thriller Bloody Orkney.
- For a great choice of holiday cottages across the UK visit Countrycottagesonline.com
- Luxury self drive guided Land Rover adventures with Celtic Routes on great routes with stunning hotels.
- Cottage Gems A fabulous collection of luxury, stylish and 5 star holiday properties in the UK and Ireland.
- First Mortgage Scotland’s leading mortgage advisors, giving fee-free and impartial whole of market advice.
- Search over 60,000 Last Minute Cottages in Scotland with great last-minute deals.
- Scot Mountain Holidays Walking, biking and adventure holidays in Scotland plus family run lodge.
- For comfortable self-catering holiday cottages in Scotland visit Interhome.co.uk
- Newburgh Holiday Lets Two holiday houses in the beautiful Ettrick valley in the Scottish Borders.
- For cheap one night getaways or romantic lodges, try Hot Tub Hideaways in Scotland for a touch of luxury.
- Hebridean Princess Small ship luxury cruises throughout the Highlands and Islands.
- Welcome to Fort William: A place to relax and to play. Plan your visit at fortwilliam.co.uk